Are you wondering what activities Carnival Celebration has to offer? As you will see, there are wide range of activities to keep you entertained both day and night on this cruise ship.
Whether you’re a thrill-seeker, a trivia enthusiast, or simply looking to unwind, Carnival Celebration has something for everyone.
We will take a look at some of the most popular:
- Daytime Carnival Celebration activities
- Evening activities on this thip
- Things for kids to do on the Carnival Celebration
Carnival Celebration Daytime Activities
Test your agility and balance on the high ropes course. There are two tracks side by side. One is more challenging than the other. There is even a short zip line and two planks you can walk out on if you dare. This is a free activity on the Celebration.
Enjoy a round of mini-golf with family and friends on the ship’s mini-golf course. It’s a fun and relaxing way to spend some time under the sun while competing for that hole-in-one. There is no charge for this activity either.
Carnival Celebration boasts thrilling water slides that are a fun way to spend a sea day afternoon. There are three large slides, one of which you ride a mat down.
Join fellow cruisers in a friendly match and show off your skills while enjoying the fresh sea breeze. The sports court as Carnival calls it, also becomes a volleyball court at times. The basketball court is part of the Ultimate Playground.
Test your knowledge and compete in trivia contests. It’s a great way to meet new people, have fun, and even win some prizes. Throughout the cruise, there will be several different themed trivia sessions. Check the Carnival Hub app or the paper Fun Times schedule.
Learn some new dance moves with Carnival Celebration’s dance classes. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned dancer, there’s always fun to be had.
Foosball/Ping Pong/Bean Bag Toss
Engage in friendly competitions with foosball, ping pong, or bean bag toss games. These casual activities are perfect for some laid-back fun.
Explore the Ship
Yes you read that right, eating. On a cruise, eating is definitely an activity as there are so many great choices. Here are some of the great afternoon eating options.
- Guy’s Burger Joint: These burgers are a must try. They are delicious. Be sure to stop at the toppings bar to load up your burger.
- BlueIguana Cantina: Enjoy fresh and flavorful Mexican cuisine at BlueIguana Cantina, perfect for a quick and delicious bite.
- Miami Slice: Craving pizza? Miami Slice serves up tasty pizza options that are perfect for a casual meal. Miami Slice is open until 4am.
- Street Eats: Explore a variety of global street food offerings. There are three small food stations serving up something different daily.
- Big Chicken: Get your fried chicken fix at Big Chicken, a restaurant co-created by NBA Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal. Both breakfast and lunch are served there.
- Bonsai Sushi: If you’re a sushi enthusiast, Bonsai Sushi offers an array of sushi and sashimi options to satisfy your cravings. There is an additional cost to eat here.
- Pig & Anchor Smokehouse: This is another restaurant by celebrity chef Guy Fieri (Guy’s Burgers is the other). Enjoy mouthwatering barbecue dishes at Pig & Anchor Smokehouse, a favorite for those who love smoky flavors.
While I find cruise ship Bingo on the expensive side it seems I’m in the minority as there are always lines to purchase bingo cards. If you are one of the ones that loves playing bingo on their cruise vacation, have no fear, the Carnival Celebration has multiple bingo sessions.
Unleash your inner chef with Carnival Kitchen’s hands-on cooking and baking classes. Learn from culinary experts and whip up delicious dishes while enjoying a fun and interactive culinary experience at sea.
Be sure to book these early as many were sold out even before our sailing started. You can find the ones available on your sailing online when you sign into the Carnival website. Look under specialty dining. There is a cost for this experience.
Carnival Celebration Evening Activities
On a Carnival Celebration cruise, the evenings are as fun as the days.
Feeling lucky? Head to the ship’s casino and try your hand at various games like slots, poker, and blackjack. It’s a thrilling way to spend your evenings.
Enjoy top-notch entertainment with Broadway-style shows, live entertainment, and memorable productions that will keep you engaged and entertained.
My two favorite shows on the Celebration were the Most Magnificent Circus and Celestial Strings. These were both held in Celebration Central on Center Stage. This is a great venue, you can even watch them rehearse. If you want good seats, get there early.
The shows of course can change.
There will be live music throughout the ship. With different styles and genres of music you will have no problem finding something that appeals to you.
Sing your favorite songs and showcase your talents to a supportive audience. A cruise is the perfect place to step outside of your comfort zone and give it a try.
Sign up for a chance to play on the stage or play along in the audience. Either way Family Feud is always a fun time.
Relax under the stars and catch a movie on the ship’s big outdoor screen above the pool. Grab some popcorn, a cozy blanket, and enjoy a cinematic experience like no other.
Punchliner Comedy Club
Laugh the night away at the Punchliner Comedy Club, where talented comedians will have you in stitches with their hilarious performances. Check the schedule as some performances will be 18+ and others are PG rated.
Enjoy a Cocktail in One of the Bars
Wrap up your day by relaxing in one of the many bars on the ship. Here are some of the popular options:
- Havana Bar: A fun, colorful bar where you can sip on a mojito or a Cuban coffee as you listen to live Latin music.
- Alchemy Bar: Visit the Alchemy Bar, where expert bartenders craft unique drinks. Try the Malibu RX or the Cucumber Sunrise.
- Tropicale Bar: The perfect spot to grab a delicious cocktail as you wait for one of the production shows to start.
- Pig & Anchor Brewhouse: If you’re a beer enthusiast, Pig & Anchor Brewhouse offers a selection of craft brews. Try the Hazy Little Thing IPA or a flight of their beers.
- Red Frog Rum Bar: This is the two story poolside bar serving up your favorite frozen beverages. Try the frozen Blue Hawaiian.
- Latitudes Bar: I love the look and atmosphere of this bar. Their menu has cocktails from around the world.
- Golden Jubilee Bar: With its elegant decor and classic cocktails, this bar pays homage to the ship’s rich history.
- Piano Bar: Sing along or simply enjoy your favorite tunes played by the talented pianists.
Carnival Celebration Kids Activities
Kids will love this ship as much as the adults.
Carnival Celebration offers Kids’ Clubs where younger cruisers can engage in age-appropriate activities, make new friends, and have a blast under the supervision of trained staff.
Camp Ocean provides a fun, supervised program with exciting activities, crafts, and games, ensuring kids have a fantastic time onboard. Carnival’s Camp ocean kids’ club consists of three separate age groups:
- Penguins – ages 2-5 years old
- Stingrays – ages 6-8 years old
- Sharks – ages 9-11 years old
Teenagers aged 15-17 can have their own space at Club O2, offering a cool hangout spot with games, music, and events designed just for them. On the Celebration there is a really cool Club O2 outdoor area.
Dr. Seuss Activities
Younger cruisers can create their own furry friend at the Build-a-Bear Workshop, a delightful experience they won’t forget. Choose your bear, stuff it, and dress it. There is an extra cost for this activity but it makes for a great souvenir.
For some gaming fun, head to the onboard arcade, where you can play a variety of video games including some virtual reality games. A word of caution, the cost can quickly add up.
Be sure your child is aware of their budget, especially if they have charging privileges on their cruise card.
The onboard water park called Carnival WaterWorks includes water slides, a spray zone and bucket dump. Kids will be content splashing and sliding the day away.
With an abundance of activities, both day and night, along with yummy dining options and inviting bars, Carnival Celebration promises an unforgettable cruise experience for everyone in the family.
Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or simply a good time, this ship has it all. I just love this ship.
The Carnival Celebration’s sister ships are the Mardi Gras and Carnival Jubilee.
Related posts you will find helpful: